Leisure Minor Capital Works Grants
Council provides funding for leisure and sporting organisations based in Knox. This allows them to upgrade their facilities.
These improvements can be made to equipment, grounds or buildings leased from Council.
Supporting these leisure and sporting organisations benefits their members and the Knox community.
About the grants
Applications are open 1 February – 15 March each year.
Leisure Minor Capital Works Grants are one-off grants for improvements.
The following conditions apply:
- funding must involve assets that the group uses under a lease, licence, or agreement with Council
- only one application per organisation may be submitted
- funded projects must be completed between 15 August – 31 May each year.
Grants of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) are available and Council can fund up of 50 per cent of the total project cost.
Apply for a grant
You can apply for a Leisure Minor Capital Works Grant Scheme online.
Who can apply
To be eligible, applying organisations must be:
- not-for-profit community groups, with a managing committee or similar, and own legal identity
- an organisation that is part of a larger state or national not for profit organisation.
These are one-off grants for capital improvements to land or buildings managed by Council.
The organisation must have a lease, licence, or annual/seasonal licence agreement for these assets.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Leisure Contracts and Projects Officer on 9298 8000.