Local and non-arterial roads
Knox City Council is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all public non-arterial roads.
Local or non-arterial roads are mainly local streets or service roads with lower volumes of through traffic and mostly handle local traffic.
Council has some limited responsibilities on major arterial roads. This includes:
- service road maintenance
- footpath repairs
- maintenance of roadside trees (urban arterial roads only)
- roadside mowing (urban arterial roads only).
Major arterial roads
Major arterial roads are VicRoads responsibility.
An arterial road is a high-capacity traffic road.
Issues with our major arterial roads should be reported to VicRoads on 13 11 71.
Their maintenance responsibilities include:
- maintenance of centre medians
- traffic signal problems/repairs
- asphalt, line marking, drainage
- removal of rubbish and deceased animals.
Major arterial roads in Knox are:
- Bayswater Road
- Boronia Rd
- Brenock Park Drive
- Burwood Highway
- Dorset Road
- Ferntree Gully Road
- Forest Road (Boronia Road to Mountain Highway)
- High Street Road
- Kelletts Road
- Lysterfield Road
- Mountain Highway
- Napoleon Road (Kelletts Road to Lysterfield Road)
- Scoresby Road
- Stud Road
- Wantirna Road
- Wellington Road.
Contact us and we will come back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.