The Knox Central Activity Centre in Wantirna South is the largest activity centre in Knox. The spine of the centre is Burwood Highway, generally between Stud Road and Scoresby Road.
About the Plan
The Structure Plan is a strategic document used to manage, influence and facilitate change in the Activity Centre.
The plan provides a framework for future land use and development. It was embedded into the planning scheme in May 2018 (through the approval of Amendment C149).
Council’s aspirations for Knox Central include:
- Supporting the creation of an attractive centre with strong connections to the natural environment.
- The rejuvenation of Lewis Park and Blind Creek. This includes improving integration with adjoining areas, providing valuable access to open space networks for the community.
- Achieving high quality built form in the public realm.
- Enhancing Knox Central’s role as the civic and public heart of the municipality, where communities connect and congregate.
- Creating new and improved civic spaces.
- Creating a range of opportunities for people to live in Knox Central close to:
- leisure activities
- open space
Amendment C149 implemented the recommendations from the Knox Central Structure Plan into the Knox Planning Scheme. Council resolved to adopt the Amendment at a Strategic Planning Committee meeting on 9 October 2017.
The Minister for Planning approved and gazetted the Amendment in May 2018.
Amendment C149 and its supporting documents are available on the Department Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
Background reports include:
- Knox Central Strategy - key issues background report
- Land Use Economic and Property Analysis
- Integrated Transport Study Part 1
- Integrated Transport Study Part 2
- Burwood Highway Guidelines - Hansen
- Knox Central View Reports - Hansen
- Knox Central activity boundary map
Find out more about Planning Scheme Amendments.
Lodge a request with Strategic Planning and we will get back to you.
Or call our City Futures team on 9298 8000.