You must provide evidence of your child's immunisation status when you enrol them at:
- early learning service
- primary school
Immunisation History Statement
The most common form of evidence used is an Immunisation History Statement (HIS). You should receive your child’s HIS when they complete the childhood National Immunisation Program (usually at four years of age).
Council does not provide immunisation history records. If you did not receive your child's HIS or need a copy, you can get it through:
- Medicare Online – through MyGov. You will need to set up an account.
- Medicare Express Plus App – once a MyGov account has been created
- Over the counter at a Medicare Service Centre
- Call the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809
Laws that affect immunisation
No Jab No Play
All parents or guardians enrolling their child at an early childhood service in Victoria must provide evidence that their child is:
- fully immunised for their age OR
- on a vaccination catch-up program OR
- unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons
For more information regarding Victorian Government's No Jab No Play, please refer to the Better Health Channel website.
No Jab No Pay
From 1 January 2016, parents must comply with immunisation rules or they cannot receive:
- child care assistance
- the Family Tax Benefit Part A supplement
This does not apply to parents with a valid exemption.
For more information, see the Federal Government’s No Jab No Pay policy.
Overseas and catch-up immunisations
We can help ensure your child's immunisation history follows the Australian National Immunisation Program if:
- your family have recently moved to Australia
- your child has fallen behind on immunisations
We can also report overseas immunisation history to the Australian Immunisation Register to ensure immunisation records are up-to-date.
Email us on email@example.com to organise a catch-up schedule. It is important to do this before you make an immunisation appointment as catch-up schedules can take up to 2 weeks to calculate.
When you email us, we need your child’s:
- full name
- date of birth
- Medicare number (if available)
- home address
- immunisation history, such as their immunisation book or vaccination record from GP. If the records are not in English, these must be translated.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Or call our Health Services team on 9298 8000.