You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.
Skip to the main content

Pest infestations

Knox City Council's Health Services Unit investigates complaints in relation to infestations of specific pest animals on public land.

Infestations on Council land

Council's Health Services Unit investigations include:

  • European wasps and bees
  • rats and mice
  • mosquitos.

Council do not investigate infestations on private property.

Reporting an infestation

There are different steps to take depending on the type of pest infestation.

European wasp and bees

If you locate a wasp nest or bee hive on Council property and you believe it poses a risk to the public you should call Council’s Parks Services on 9298 8000.

For wasp nests or bee hives located in or on power poles, call SP AusNet on 13 17 99.

Agriculture Victoria provide more information on honey bees and beekeeping in Victoria.

Rat and mice infestations

Rats and mice located on Council property should be reported to our Parks Services on 9298 8000.

If you are unsure what type of rodent it is, Museum Victoria provides information on the different types of introduced rodents into Australia, their habitat and an identification service.

Mosquito infestations

Mosquito infestation on public land should be reported to Melbourne Water on 131 722 or our Health Compliance team on 9298 8000.

Need help?

Contact us and we will get back to you.

Or call our Customer Services team on 9298 8000.

Our services


Stay up to date with our newsletter

subscribe icon