During a storm
If there's a storm warning for this area:
- listen to ABC or local radio for information and advice
- check on your neighbours to make sure they're prepared
- bring children and pets inside
- stay away from windows
- move outdoor furniture somewhere safe, like the garage
- make sure you know where your family emergency kit is.
Stay indoors or under shelter while the storm passes through.
- Park your car undercover and away from trees.
- Keep an emergency kit in your car.
Driving in a storm
Storms can kill.
- Do not try to drive through flooded road sections.
- Slow down and turn headlights on.
- Stay alert and watch for hazards on the road, like powerlines.
If it's hard to see
- Slow down and put your headlights on.
- Turn on your hazard lights and park on the side of the road in a clear safe area.
- Make sure you're clear of streams, trees and powerlines.
Preparing for storms and floods
Storm damage and flooding
View the SES Knox local flood guide to:
- understand your flood risk
- find out how to prepare for a flood
- find out how to respond to a flood.
Power and street light failure
To report a power outage or street light fault:
Please stay clear of fallen trees.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Emergency Management team on 9298 8000.