During a storm
If there's a storm warning for this area:
- listen to ABC or local radio for information and advice
- check on your neighbours to make sure they're prepared
- bring children and pets inside
- stay away from windows
- move outdoor furniture somewhere safe, like the garage
- make sure you know where your family emergency kit is.
Stay indoors or under shelter while the storm passes through.
- Park your car undercover and away from trees.
- Keep an emergency kit in your car.
Driving in a storm
Storms can kill.
- Do not try to drive through flooded road sections.
- Slow down and turn headlights on.
- Stay alert and watch for hazards on the road, like powerlines.
If it's hard to see
- Slow down and put your headlights on.
- Turn on your hazard lights and park on the side of the road in a clear safe area.
- Make sure you're clear of streams, trees and powerlines.
Storm damage and flooding
If you experience storm damage or flooding, contact State Emergency Services (SES) by calling 132 500.
Power and street light failure
Call Multinet Gas on 132 691 to report gas leaks, faults and emergencies with gas.
Call South East Water on 132 812 to report faults and emergencies with water.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Emergency Management team on 9298 8000.