New online booking system
We have introduced a new online booking system from July 2023.
New features in the new online booking system include:
- managing vaccination bookings for multiple people
- vaccination summary
- improved SMS and email reminders and notifications.
Free flu vaccine
The free government funded flu vaccination program runs from April to February the following year.
Council flu vaccinations are not free unless you meet the eligibility criteria.
People may receive the free flu vaccine if they are:
- children from 6 months old up to 4 years 11 months
- seniors aged 65 years or older
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- pregnant women
- people (at least 6 months old) with medical conditions that may increase the risk of flu complications, such as:
- severe asthma (with frequent hospital visits)
- lung, heart or kidney disease
- low immunity
- chronic neurological conditions
- blood disorders
You may need to provide evidence to get the free flu vaccine.
Book a flu vaccination
Any Knox resident can book a flu vaccination using our online booking system.
You will need to register for an account before making a booking.
Flu vaccination price
The flu vaccine costs $33 per dose.
Eligible people may receive the vaccine for free.
Flu vaccinations in the workplace
Our Immunisation Services Team can visit your workplace to offer flu vaccines to reduce illness and absenteeism.
We also provide other specific vaccines such as:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Whooping Cough
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Children under 9 receiving the flu vaccine for the first time need 2 doses, at least 4 weeks apart.
- Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has advised that you can have the flu vaccine and COVID-19 vaccine on the same day.
We encourage you to provide feedback on our immunisation service.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Or call our Immunisation Services team on 9298 8000.