About housing support services
Housing assistance may include:
- referrals and assistance for public housing.
You are eligible for support if you:
- are aged 55 years and over
- have a moderate to low income and are receiving a Centrelink payment
- are reliant on private rental (do not own a home) and at risk of homelessness
- are currently living in Knox and have lived in Knox for at least two years
- are a past long-term Knox resident looking to return to Knox for family connection
- meet the assets or income eligibility of the Department of Health and Human Services Housing Service
- able to live independently.
If you require emergency housing assistance, see Department of Health and Human Services – Crisis Accommodation Support or call 1800 825 955 (free call 24 hr).
If you are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, see our information on homelessness.
You can nominate a trusted person, friend or family member, or a professional (for example, State Trustees) to act on your behalf when you feel unable to express your views independently.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Active Ageing and Disability Services team on 9298 8000.