The Knox community can access family and children’s services provided by Council, including:
- 3 and 4 year old kindergarten
- long day care
- maternal child health
- occasional care
- support services.
For an overview of our Family and Children's Services policies and procedures, download the Guide to Family and Children's Services in Knox 2023.
Policies and procedures
Our complete Family and Children's Services policies and procedures are available below.
Health, safety and wellbeing
These policies and procedures contain information about how we help keep children safe and healthy whilst attending a service.
- Administration of First Aid procedure
- Administration of Medication procedure
- Anaphylaxis Management procedure
- Asthma Management procedure
- Child Safe policy
- Providing a Child Safe Environment procedure
- Delivery and Collection of Children procedure
- Emergency Management policy and procedure
- Excursions, Incursions, Routine Outings and Service Events procedure
- Hygiene and Infectious Diseases procedure
- Incident, Injury, Trauma and Illness Procedure Medical (Allergy) Conditions procedure
- Nutrition, Oral Health, Beverages and Dietary Requirements procedure
- Sleep and Rest procedure
- Sun Protection procedure
- Water Safety procedure
These documents outline Family and Children’s Services policies and procedures about staff, supervisors, volunteers, and students.
- Staffing Code of Conduct procedure
- Determining the Nominated Supervisor and Responsible Person Present procedure
- Participation of Volunteers and Students procedure
Leadership and service management
These policies and procedures describe Knox City Council’s approach to service management, such as fees and confidentiality.
- Acceptance and Refusal of Authorisations procedure
- Early Years Services Feedback Management procedure
- Customer Feedback via QR Code
- Fees and Fee Payment policy and procedure
- Kindergarten fees and charges
- Late pick up of children procedure
- Funded Kindergarten policy
- Funded Kindergarten registration and enrolment procedure
- Governance and Management of the Service Including Confidentiality of Records procedure
- Use of Photographs and Digital Media procedure
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.