About our Centre
You can find us at:
Corner of Mountain Highway and Scoresby Road, Bayswater Vic 3153
Phone: 9729 7287
You can hire the centre for:
- meetings or conferences
- concerts – vocal, dance, school performances
- and more.
Rooms available include:
- tiered seating for 170 for unobstructed audience viewing or 150 individual flat floor seating
- excellent intimate theatre setting, with good stage dimensions and wings
- biocontrol room, sound, lighting and AV equipment
- rehearsal and dressing room facilities
- timber floor suitable for dance activities.
- carpeted multi-purpose space
- adjoining commercial kitchen
- heating/air conditioning
- seating for 50 people (theatre style) or 30 people (boardroom style)
- chairs and up to 10 rectangle tables
- quality data projector and screen.
- fully equipped data projection system for the complete cinematic experience
- ideal for special interest groups.
Please note that capacity is subject to current Victorian Government COVID-19 restrictions.
Learn more about the set up:
- Auditorium Floor Plan - Knox Community Arts Centre
- Seating Plan - Knox Community Arts Centre
- Technical specifications - Knox Community Arts Centre
Hire costs and application
The rates for room and facilities are:
$62 per hour or $40 per hour for community applicants.
$54 per hour or $36 per hour for community applicants - six hour plus hire.
Rate includes chairs, trestle tables (10), PA system (iPad/laptop), lectern.
Space – $67 per hour or $40 per hour for community applicants.
Bump in – $125 per hour or $98 per hour for community applicants.
Performance – $202 per hour or $121 per hour for community applicants.
Four hour minimum for theatre bookings.
Space rate includes flat floor and house lights only (no technical equipment or stage access).
Bump in rate includes stage access and venue technician for bump in/bump out time only.
Performance rate includes:
- stage access
- venue technician (minimum staffing requirements (FOH and BOH) will be decided at the discretion of senior technician or venue manager after event production meeting. Any additional staff required for events will be at the cost of hirers)
- venue standard PA (FOH speakers, two foldback wedges, two microphones)
- standard lighting rig (standard focus only),
- two dressing rooms,
- green room.
$253 per hour or $152 per hour for community applicants.
Rate includes exclusive access to all spaces and all inclusions of Theatre Performance rate.
For availability and a quote, contact the Knox Community Arts Centre on 9729 7287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us and we will come back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.