Large vehicles on private property
Long and heavy vehicles need a permit to be kept in a built-up or residential area.
Heavy vehicles weigh over 4.5 tonnes. Long vehicles are longer than 7.5 metres.
Some examples are trucks or buses.
During the application process, we may seek consent from your neighbour/s.
How to apply
To apply for a long and heavy vehicle parking permit, you will need to:
- download and complete the application form
- create a sketch plan indicating where you will store the vehicle and the distances to the house and fences
- pay the permit fee.
Submit your application
Share your application form, sketch plan and permit fee with us via:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Knox City Council, 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152, or
- Submit it in person at the Knox Customer Service Counter located at our council offices at 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152.
Fees and charges
The application fee is $410 (this includes a $173 non-refundable application fee and a $237 permit fee).
This fee is current from 1 July 2023 until 30 June 2024.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Community Laws team on 9298 8000.