Health and wellbeing businesses
Health and wellbeing businesses include:
- hairdressers (once-off registration for hairdressing premises only)
- beauty parlours
- colonic irrigation
- any others involving penetration of the skin.
Register your business
To register a health business, you must apply for an assessment of your business plan.
Contact our Health Services team on 9298 8000 if you have any questions.
Transfer the registration of your business
To transfer business registration, you need to complete an:
The transfer is not official until Council has approved the application.
You can request an inspection before a purchase or sale in order to establish the current state of the premises. This is called a premises enquiry. There is an option of a four or ten business day turnaround for the inspection report.
Renew your registration
We will send you a renewal notice towards the end of the year.
Building and planning permits
Depending on the type of business and the changes you may be making, you may also need other planning and building permits.
- are paid on an annual basis from 1 January – 31 December
- can be applied on a half-yearly pro-rata basis depending on when your application and payment are received
- are valid until 31 December regardless of when you apply during the year.
Make sure you pay the appropriate fee when you lodge your application, otherwise it may delay the processing.
The following fees and charges are valid from 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2021. No GST is applicable.
Penalties for late payment
All registrations lapse on 31 December of each year. It is important to lodge your renewal of registration with the applicable fee before this date.
If not, your business will be trading unregistered after 1 January of the following year. It is an offence to trade unregistered and you may:
- be issued with a Penalty Infringement Notice (PIN), and
- have legal action taken against you.
PIN penalties include:
- four penalty units for individuals and ten penalty units for companies for Public Health and Wellbeing Act breaches.
- ten penalty units for all parties breaching the Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Movable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2010.
Email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Or call our Health Services team on 9298 8000.