Health and beauty businesses
Health and beauty businesses include:
- hairdressers (once-off registration for hairdressing premises only)
- beauty parlours
- ear piercing
- colonic irrigation
- nail treatments
- laser hair removal
- any others involving penetration of the skin.
Register your business
To apply to register a health and beauty business, follow the steps below.
Other types of registrations
You are also required to register with Council if you intend to:
- transfer an existing health and beauty business registration
- sell an existing health and beauty business
- renew your health and beauty business registration.
Follow the steps below.
The fees to register a health and beauty business are listed below.
Building and planning permits
Depending on the type of business and the changes you will be making, you may also need to obtain a building and/or planning permit.
It is your responsibility to apply for a planning permit and/or a building permit before you commence works on your health and beauty business.
For example, you may need a permit if you want to renovate the building.
- find out how to apply for a building permit
- find out how to apply for a planning permit
- contact the Building and Planning team on 9298 8000.
Email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Or call our Health Services team on 9298 8000.