About the Plan
The Plan includes two key elements:
- how Upper Ferntree Gully will function in terms of its social, environmental and economic future
- physical improvements to the Upper Gully shopping precinct (the area along Burwood Highway).
On 10 April 2017, Council resolved to request the Minister for Planning to prepare, adopt and approve Amendment C162 in the Knox Planning Scheme.
The Minister for Planning approved and gazetted the Amendment in August 2017.
Amendment C162 and its supporting documents are available on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website,
Find out more about Planning Scheme Amendments.
In April 2017 Council decided to abandon Amendment C141.
Find out more about the chronology of Council decisions for Amendment C141.
- 24 November 2015
- 24 May 2016
- 28 June 2016
- 26 July 2016
- 23 January 2017
- 27 February 2017.
Find out more about the background to the Upper Gully Strategic Plan:
- Upper Gully Strategic Plan, January 2017
- Upper Gully Implementation Plan, January 2017
- Upper Gully Consolidated Background Report, January 2017
- Technical Report and Addendum - Land Use and Economics Upper Gully - Urban Enterprise 2014
- Technical Report and Addendum - Transport and Parking Upper Gully - Movendo 2015
- Upper Ferntree Gully Heritage Assessments Report - Context 2015
- Upper Gully Plan Engagement Report - Effective Conversations 2015
Lodge a request with Strategic Planning and we will get back to you.
Or call our City Futures team on 9298 8000.