Gardens for Harvest program
Want to grow fresh fruit and vegetables but not sure where to start?
Already growing your own food but want to boost your harvest?
The Knox Gardens for Harvest program is run by the Sustainable Futures team in partnership with Yarra Ranges Council.
- which plants will grow best in your garden
- how to grow and propagate them
- how to use them in everyday cooking.
Reasons to grow your own food
- Food fresh from your garden tastes better and has more nutrients.
- Growing food at home reduces food waste, transport and packaging.
- Gardening keeps us active and outdoors.
- You control how your food is produced (without chemicals).
- Your kids learn valuable life skills and know where food comes from.
Join Gardens for Harvest
Benefits of the program include:
- a Gardens for Harvest e-booklet
- invitations to gardening workshops and events
- access to a monthly newsletter.
Sign up for Gardens for Harvest
Get your organisation involved
We work with many community groups to deliver workshops and activities.
This includes local Community Gardens and Neighbourhood Houses.
Call us at Knox City Council and join our Facebook group to meet up with like-minded people in your area.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Or call our Gardens for Harvest team on 9298 8000.