About our projects
We aim to encourage more women to be active through:
This Girl Can
Knox City Council has received funding from the This Girl Can program to support sports activities for women in Knox.
This Girl Can is a VicHealth initiative designed to empower women to get active – however, wherever and whenever they choose, without being judged.
You can take part in:
- Running with Knox Roadrunners
- Fairpark Football Club
- Ladies on the Green at Bayswater Bowls Club
- Women’s Running Group with Knox Athletics Board of Management
- Hockey at Knox Hockey Club
- Cardio Tennis and Coaching at Rowville Community Centre
- Group fitness sessions at Knox Leisureworks
- Yoga at Knox Leisureworks
- Mums and Bubs Aquaplay Classes at Knox Leisureworks
- Walk and talk at Knox Leisureworks
- Net4Kids at Knox Regional Netball Centre
- Rowville Senior Citizens Social Club
- Social Badminton at Rowville Community Centre
- All Abilities Basketball
- Walking Netball.
Supporting gender equity in sport
Knox also works with other councils to encourage and educate sports clubs to be more inclusive of women.
Contact us and we will come back to you.
Or call our Customer Services team on 9298 8000.