About the Plan
The Plan includes directions and actions to support:
- strengthening policy and support for our largest employment clusters
- protecting core employment land areas
- maintaining local employment land areas
- encouraging growth in industry sectors.
Council adopted the Plan in December 2018.
The Land for Business Plan draws on the information and analysis included in the following background reports:
- Knox Land for Business – Directions and Actions Summary, October 2017
- Knox Land for Business Background Report, December 2016
- Knox Employment Forecasts to 2036 – Technical Report A, December 2016
- Land for Business Assessment Areas – Employment Land and Activity Centres – Technical Report B, December 2016
Amendment C164knox implemented the relevant recommendations of the Plan into the Knox Planning Scheme to maintain the supply of business land suitable to meet current and future needs.
The Amendment was approved and gazetted by the Minister of Planning in March 2019.
Amendment 164knox and its supporting documents are available on the Department Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
Find out more about Planning Scheme Amendments.
Lodge a request with Strategic Planning and we will get back to you.
Or call our City Futures team on 9298 8000.