Dementia in Knox
The number of people with dementia in Knox is growing.
In 2017 there was 2,676 people in the Knox community living with dementia.
More than 12,700 people will be living with dementia in Knox by 2050.
We have partnered with Dementia Australia to put in place a Dementia Friendly Communities Program in Knox.
The program will build awareness, understanding and acceptance of dementia in the community.
Dementia Advisory Group
As part of the Dementia Friendly Communities Program, we are establishing a Dementia Advisory Group. The group will:
- advise and support the development, implementation and monitoring of a Dementia Action Plan
- advise Council on emerging issues affecting people living with dementia
- better support people living with dementia in the community.
Expressions of interest are now open
Applications are now open to join our Dementia Advisory Group.
If you have an interest in making a difference to the lives of people living with dementia in Knox, we would like to hear from you.
We are seeking expressions of interest from up to 10 members of the community, including:
- people living with dementia of all ages
- carers of people living with dementia
- people working in aged services
- general practitioners, health care workers and people working in health services
- people working or volunteering at neighbourhood houses
- seniors group members.
The appointment is for a minimum 2 year period from July 2022.
How to apply
To apply to join our Dementia Advisory Group, please complete the online expression of interest form.
Nominations close at 5 pm on Wednesday 15 June 2022.
If you would like a hard copy or need help with your submission, please contact:
- Kylie Johnson, Age Friendly Communities Project Officer
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 9298 8827
What happens next
We will review all expressions of interest and get back to everyone within 3 weeks of the closing date.
Group member requirements
We are looking for a diverse group of local volunteers aged 18 and over who have an interest in and a good knowledge of:
- the aspirations and needs of people living with dementia
- the challengers facing them to stay active in the community.
The Advisory Group will meet every 2 months.
Meetings will take 2 hours and will be chaired by Council officers.
A schedule of meetings will be decided at the first meeting.
The group operates alongside a Terms of Reference.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.