Pay online with your credit card
- You'll need your 7-digit rates assessment number which is shown at the top of your rates notice.
- Please note all payments made by credit card (MasterCard or Visa only) will incur a 0.4% charge.
Other ways to pay your rates
- If you are a pensioner, you may be able to claim a pensioner concession rebate.
- You can view your rates notice online or request a reprint on our About your rates webpage
- Click the black section headings or 'Expand all' below to view more information
Pay your rates in full or by instalments
- You can pay your rates in one simple payment on or before 15 February 2023.
To pay by installments, you need to have paid your first instalment before 30 September 2022.
Receiving your rates
A paper rates notice will be sent to your property address unless you choose to receive your rates notice online by email or BPAY View.
Requesting a rates refund
You can request submit a rates refund request by:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail - 511 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna South, VIC, 3152
Your refund requests must include:
- Your rates assessment number and property address
- Date of payment
- A copy of the proof of payment showing the amount that was paid (unless the credit is a direct result of a pensioner concession being applied)
For payments that were originally made by:
- Bpay – a refund by Council will be sent back to the same account from which it was paid
- Credit Card - a refund by Council will be sent back to the same credit card from which it was paid
Other rate refunds will be paid by:
- Cheque or by EFT
- To all owners of the property as shown on Council records, unless an authority signed by all owners as shown on Council records is submitted to pay otherwise.
- If requesting a refund be paid by EFT, a copy of a recent bank statement must also be supplied that clearly shows the BSB, Account number and name/s of the bank account holders
If you owe arrears
- any money owed from your previous year's rates notice
- any late payments.
Arrears may be subject to legal action and are payable immediately.
Interest will be charged on arrears and late payment from the due date. This will continue until all rates are paid in full.
The penalty interest rate is applied in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989.
The current interest rate is 10 per cent.
Council offers payment assistance to people who have suffered loss of income or are in financial difficulty.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.