Apply for an extension
You must apply to extend the expiry of your planning permit:
- before the permit expires, or
- within 6 months after the permit expires, or
- within 12 months after the permit expires, if the development lawfully began before the expiry date and you wish to extend the time to complete the development.
If you submit your request outside these times, Council and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) cannot extend the permit. A new application for a planning permit must be submitted.
You must tell us:
- the length of time you require
- why you need the extra time.
You must also provide evidence that the development lawfully began before the expiry date (if the development has started and the request is made within 12 months of the expiry date).
Apply for an extension of time request though Council's Online Services. You will need to be a registered user to use this service.
Apply in person or by post
You can submit an Extension of Time Request form with all the required documentation and applicable planning fees.
Either post it to 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152 or visit our offices in person.
Contact Planning Services and we will get back to you.
Or call our Planning Services team on 9298 8000.