About the Amendment
Amendment C174knox proposes rezoning of three sites to a residential zone, including:
- 4 Coorie Avenue, Bayswater (the Coorie Avenue Children and Family Centre)
- 10 Tamara Street, Wantirna South (the NG Haynes Children and Family Centre)
- the south-east corner of 69-75 Eildon Parade, Rowville (the Eildon Parade Preschool) that is currently zoned Public Use Zone – Local Government (PUZ6).
The Amendment proposes to rezone each site from the Public Use Zone (Schedule 6) to the Neighbourhood Residential Zone (Schedule 4).
The proposed residential zoning is to reflect the existing residential neighbourhoods surrounding each of the sites. The Neighbourhood Residential Zone (Schedule 4) will ensure any subsequent development or use on the three mentioned sites is not out of character with the existing residential neighbourhoods.
The amendment underwent a period of public exhibition between from 17 June to 23 July 2021. Submissions to the amendment are now closed.
Council officers are currently reviewing all submissions received and will prepare a report for consideration by Council. Council will decide whether to:
- Make changes to the Amendment in response to submissions
- Seek appointment of an independent Panel and refer any submissions to the Panel for consideration.
- Recommend adoption of the Amendment by Council, if there are no submissions or all submissions have been resolved
- Abandon the Amendment.
The Amendment documents can be found on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
Lodge a request with Strategic Planning and we will get back to you.
Or call our City Futures team on 9298 8000.