About the service
The School Focused Youth Service (SFYS) works with local government, catholic and independent schools to support students in Years 5 to 12 to remain engaged in education.
The service is funded by the Department of Education and Training.
The service aims to:
- reduce the number of young people disengaging from education
- deliver targeted interventions for students who are vulnerable to, or showing signs of disengaging from their education
- support schools in building parent and teacher capacity to better support these students.
Schools eligible for funding from the SFYS program will be contacted by the Department of Education and Training directly.
Support from the service
The SFYS program can support schools in Knox by:
- serving as a point of reference for information, advice and support on wellbeing related matters
- assisting you to establish partnerships and work collaboratively
- developing links between you and other schools and local agencies
- facilitating local wellbeing networks and supporting student wellbeing staff
- providing resourcing, guidance and advice where specific needs cannot otherwise be met through the Department of Education and Training
- informing schools and agencies about events, professional development and forums.
Professional development training
The SFYS program coordinates training and professional development for staff working to enhance the wellbeing of young people.
We have a large selection of resources and picture books for use with primary school children and young people with lower literacy levels.
See our Resource Library book list.
Teachers from Knox primary and secondary schools can borrow up to four resources for a maximum of four weeks.
To borrow a resource, or suggest a resource for our library, email email@example.com and we will come back to you.
Or call our Youth Services team on 9298 8000.
School wellbeing networks
The Knox Primary and Secondary Wellbeing Networks are open to all school staff who perform a wellbeing role.
Meetings for both networks are held each term at Knox City Council, 511 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna South.
To access the meeting dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Youth Services team on 9298 8000.
We encourage you to share any complaints, compliments or suggestions about Knox Youth Services.
Email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Call our Youth Services team on 9298 8000.