About the service
The School Focused Youth Service (SFYS) supports students in Years 5 – 12.
It's aimed at students who are vulnerable to, or showing signs of, disengagement from their education.
The service is funded by the Department of Education and Training.
It also builds the capacity of schools to better support these students to help them remain actively engaged and successfully complete their education.
The service works with:
- all schools in Victoria
- community organisations and groups
- Government departments
- youth-related peak bodies.
SFYS aims to:
- facilitate supportive networks
- develop collaborative projects
- improve service gaps
- improve the current service system for young people.
Support from the service
The SFYS can support your school by:
- serving as a point of reference for information, advice and support on wellbeing related matters
- assisting you to establish partnerships and work collaboratively
- developing links between you and other schools and local agencies
- facilitating local wellbeing networks and supporting student wellbeing staff
- providing resourcing, guidance and advice where specific needs cannot otherwise be met through the Department of Education and Training
- informing schools and agencies about events, professional development & forums.
Professional Development training
Knox School Focused Youth Service (SFYS) coordinates training and professional development for staff working to enhance the wellbeing of young people.
We have a large selection of resources and picture books for use with primary school children and young people with lower literacy levels.
See our Resource Library book list.
Teachers from Knox primary and secondary schools can borrow up to four resources for a maximum of four weeks.
To borrow a resource, or suggest a resource for our library, email email@example.com and we will come back to you.
Or call our Youth Services team on 9298 8000.
School wellbeing networks
The Knox Primary and Secondary Wellbeing Networks are open to all school staff who perform a wellbeing role.
Meetings for both networks are held each term at Knox City Council, 511 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna South.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Call our Youth Services team on 9298 8000.