About building and planning information requests
A building and planning information request will supply building and planning information for proposed building works.
You will need to submit a copy of the proposed plans and the title (if available) when applying for building and planning information. These requests take up to 15 working days to complete.
The response will provide information on items such as:
- Is the property in an unsewered area? Reg 132
- Is the property in a flood prone area? Reg 153
- Is the property in a termite area? Reg 150
- Is the property in an alpine area? Reg 152
- Is the land designated as uncontrolled overland drainage? Reg 154
- Is the property in an area liable to landslip?
- Will the proposed works require a town planning permit under the Knox Planning Scheme?
Apply for building and planning information request
You can submit applications online. Payment via credit card is required when submitting your application.
You can also fill out a building and planning information request. This must be sent by post with a cheque or money order or paid in person at:
Knox City Council Civic Centre
511 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna South, 3152
Opening hours: Monday-Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Your request can take up to 15 working days to complete.
Contact Building Services and we will get back to you.
Or call our Building Services team on 9298 8125.