You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.
Skip to the main content

Appealing a planning permit decision at VCAT

If you disagree with a Council planning decision, you can appeal to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

VCAT appeals

The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) is an independent Victorian state government tribunal that hears and decides on a range of disputes.

If you are dissatisfied with a planning decision made by Council, you can apply to have the decision reviewed by VCAT.

Visit the VCAT website to:

  • find more information on the process
  • see the timeframes to lodge an appeal
  • lodge an application for a review of a planning permit decision made by Council.

Public notices

In some circumstances, VCAT ask us to publish plans and materials relating to a hearing. We publish this information here as soon as practical.

P994/2021 - 208 St Elmo Avenue, Ferntree Gully VIC 3156

Need help?

For more information, contact:

VCAT's Planning and Environment registry staff

Council's Statutory Planning department

Contact Planning Services and we will get back to you.

Or call our Statutory Planning team on 9298 8000.

Our services


Stay up to date with our newsletter

subscribe icon