About the Amendment
The Amendment to the Knox Planning Scheme aims to protect habitat and indigenous vegetation across Knox.
The main points of Amendment C049 were:
- revision of the Municipal Strategic Statement
- amendment and replacement of the Vegetation Protection Overlay and the Environmental Significance Overlay within Knox
- revision of the schedule to Clause 52.17 to ensure specific native vegetation species do not trigger a planning permit.
The Minister for Planning gazetted the Amendment in April 2013.
Amendment C049 and supporting documents are available on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
Find out more about Planning Scheme Amendments.
Sites of biological significance in Knox
Learn more about sites of biological significance in Knox:
- Sites of Biological Significance in Knox Volume 1 (pdf)
- Sites of Biological Significance in Knox Volume 2 (pdf)
Note: these documents are large and may take a few minutes to load.
How Amendment C049 affects you
To find out about your property, apply for a free planning property report from Land Victoria.
Lodge a request with Strategic Planning and we will get back to you.
Or call our City Futures team on 9298 8000.