About the program
This program supports kindergarten teachers and educators in meeting the needs of all children, including those with additional needs.
Additional needs may include:
- social skills
- emotional wellbeing
- communication skills
- behavioural issues
- thinking and movement
- inclusion and participation
- kindergarten or school readiness.
Preschool field officers (PSFOs)
Preschool field officers (PSFOs) are specialist early childhood teachers with extra qualifications.
PSFOs support children's individual development needs by:
- coaching and mentoring educators
- discussing a child's learning and development with families and caregivers
- providing support and guidance
- connecting families with education and support services
- enabling a collaborative approach between families and educators.