The Department of Health has requested the Maternal and Child Health Service alter the way our appointments are conducted.
Home visit, 2-week, 4-week and 8-week Key Age and Stage (KAS) Appointments
Appointments are still conducted in-person at the Maternal and Child Health Centre.
4-month, 8-month, 12-month, 18-month, 2-year and 3.6 year Key Age and Stage (KAS) Appointments
Appointments are now conducted via a combination of telephone and short-face-to-face physical assessment.
Please attend the Maternal and Child Health Centre at your allocated time.
It is important to wait in your car until the nurse calls you on the telephone.
Requirements for all appointments
- Masks are required for the duration of the appointment.
- Only essential family members i.e mother/primary carer and the infant/child may attend
- Contact the Maternal and Child Health Centre if you do not have other care arrangements for older children.
- Scan a QR Code and check in upon entry to the service. Inform staff if If you are having difficulty with the code.
- view the current list of exposure sites just prior to every appointment
- Have no symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
Your appointment will be rescheduled if you have recently visited a site on the current list of exposure sites.
Your appointment will be also be rescheduled if you answer "yes" to the any of the following questions:
1. Has anyone asked you to stay at home for 14 days?
2. Are you or a family member unwell with any viral infections (including gastroenteritis or upper respiratory infections)?
3. Are you unwell with any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
4. Do you have a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees?
5. Have you, or a person in your household, been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting for the result?
6. Have you been diagnosed with coronavirus (COVID-19) and have not yet been given clearance from self-isolation?
7. Have you had known contact in the past 14 days with a person who was a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
8. Have you travelled to a location, including a listed exposure site that requires you to self-isolate?
Maternal and Child Health 24 hour Line – 13 22 29
For enquiries outside our standard working hours, you can contact the Maternal and Child Health 24 hour line via 13 22 29.
Qualified maternal and child health nurses provide information, support and advice to Victorian families with children from birth to school age (five years old), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Or call our Maternal and Child Health team on 9298 8741.