About the review
This review was carried out in response to the Notice of Motion Number 92 passed on 8 July 2019 at a Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) meeting.
SPC resolved to undertake a review of planning controls “….for the properties along the south side of Murray Crescent, and the western sides of Vista Avenue, Fordham Court, and Silkwood Way, Rowville, to form a broader strategic planning review of this residential precinct in Rowville.”
About the Amendment
The review was reported to Council and in accordance with the resolution from the 26 April 2021 Council meeting, officers have requested authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare and exhibit Amendment C189knox to the Knox Planning Scheme.
The Amendment applies to land at the following properties within Rowville:
- 24-26 Taylors Lane
- 26-58 Murray Crescent (even numbers only)
- 42-70 Vista Crescent (even numbers only)
- 5, 6A, 6B, 7 Fordham Court.
The Amendment proposes to:
- amend Clause 21.06-3 (Design and Character) by inserting a new strategy under Objective 4 to read:
- 4.5 In Rowville support residential development that provides an appropriate transition to dwellings in the Low Density Residential Zone through the provision of large backyards for landscaping, tree planting and open space (new)
- rezone the affected land from the Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedule 4 (NRZ4), to the Neighbourhood Residential Zone – Schedule 9 (NRZ9).
The intention of the Amendment is to:
- reflect the role of the affected properties in providing an appropriate transition to adjacent properties within the Low Density Residential Zone (LDRZ)
- clarify policy direction by amending the local policy at Clause 21.06-3 (Design and Character).
- recognise the character of these properties through a rezoning that maintains the neighbourhood residential zone but applies a new schedule to
- temper future development
- respect the streetscape
- provide for a distinct level of open space
- landscaping to protect the uniqueness of this area.
The community and relevant stakeholders can make a submission to the Amendment when it is placed on public exhibition.
Lodge a request with Strategic Planning and we will get back to you.
Or call our City Futures team on 9298 8000.