About the Charter
The Charter puts young people on the agenda for everyone at Council - not just youth workers.
It helps us respond to the needs of young people in our:
- service delivery.
Development of the Charter
The Youth Charter was developed over a 12 month period in consultation with:
- young people from across the municipality
- local service providers
- members of the broader community
- Council staff.
It is linked to:
- our organisational values
- our commitment to effective community engagement
- the Knox Vision 2025
- the Council Plan.
We support the Charter throughout Knox City Council with training and resources for all staff.
Fundamental guiding principles
The ten guiding principles are to:
- promote Council so young people know and understand more about what we do.
- promote positive images of young people in the community.
- actively encourage and respect young people's contributions to the community.
- acknowledge and celebrate the diversity of young people in Knox.
- hear young people's opinions and respond.
- create opportunities for young people to have a say about what we do and how we do it.
- continue to respond to the needs of young people and provide adequate and appropriate support and services.
- foster links within the community, and develop resources and opportunities for young people to explore their interests and passions.
- continue to explore more effective ways of letting young people know what is happening.
- work with young people to come up with new and interesting ways to do things.
Email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Or call our Youth Services team on 9298 8000.