Our programs include:
- sleep and settling education sessions
- INFANT nutrition and play sessions
- breastfeeding, and immunisation
- first-time parent groups
- playgroups and toy libraries
- Parent Information and Connection Sessions (formally known as First Time Parent Groups).
Sleep and Settling
We provide education and support about normal sleep behaviour for babies and children aged from birth to 2 years.
We provide no cost education sessions to all families in Knox. In each of these sessions we provide the opportunity to ask questions and provide information about:
- normal child development and behaviour around sleep
- helpful information about children’s sleep
- how to set your child and family up for healthy sleep
There are three sessions offered:
- Newborn Sleep and Behaviour – 0 to 3 months
- Baby Sleep and Behaviour – 6 to 8 months
- Toddler Sleep and Behaviour – 12 months to 2 years
You can seek advice on all your breastfeeding questions. Lactation consultants are available further support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or book an appointment online.
Knox Maternal and Child Health Service have implemented INFANT (the Infant feeding, active play and nutrition program) for Nutrition Education.
INFANT is an evidence-based initiative designed to provide structured advice to guide healthy habits for families.
The program has 4 sessions conducted at approx. 3 months (usually within a Parent Group session), 6 months, 9 months and 12 months and is supported by the ‘My Baby Now’ phone app.
If you would like information on attending an INFANT Education session please email email@example.com
Parent Information and Connection Sessions (formally known as First-time parent groups)
These groups cater for parents with new babies and cover a range of parenting topics.
Sessions are held for 7 weeks and include the following topics;
Each session will have a theme, and cover things like;
- sleep and settling
- brain development
- nutrition and play
- self-care and practical parenting
We then finish off with a session at a local library facilitated by Eastern Regional Libraries and a session with our Knox Playgroup Team, at a local playgroup centre, where you will be able to see how playgroups work and talk about joining a playgroup together.
If you would like more information about our Parent Groups, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Or call our Maternal and Child Health team on 9298 8741.