FReeZA is a Victorian Government initiative that gives young Victorians the opportunity to lead the planning and staging of live music and cultural events in their community.
The FReeZA Committee - Knox Live organise events by young people, for young people in Knox.
- plan and manage live music and cultural events
- gain hands-on industry experience
- develop professional relationships and career pathways in the arts and events industry
- support emerging and local musicians, artists and performers
- deliver events for young people in Knox.
FReeZA events are accessible for people of all ages and abilities, and are drug, smoke and alcohol free.
Join the FReeZA Committee
Are you a young person in Knox who is interested in event management or the music industry? If so, the FReeZA Committee - Knox Live might be for you.
The committee is free to join and is open to young people aged between 15 to 25 years old.
Applicants must live, work, study or play in Knox.
What you can learn
Committee members will have an opportunity to develop skills in:
- event management
- technical (audio and lighting) equipment operations
- risk assessment and management
- how to book artists and performances
- management of ticket sales and box office
- stage management
- budget management.
Types of events
The committee will be supported to run a range of different event types, which may include:
- live music
- battle of the bands competitions
- art or photography exhibitions
- film screenings
- dance showcases and workshops
- skate and BMX
- youth music stages or other activations at major events such as Knox Festival and Stringybark Festival.
Committee members are required to attend regular in-person committee meetings.
Committee meetings commence on 14 June 2022.
The committee meets fortnightly (weekly in the lead up to events) on Tuesdays from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
Snacks are provided.
Please email email@example.com for more information.
The Knox Live FReeZA program is based at the Knox Community Arts Centre, located corner Mountain Highway and Scoresby Road, Bayswater.
FReeZA is a Victorian Government initiative that supports young Victorians to get involved in their community by planning and running drug, alcohol and smoke-free events for other young people.